We are pleased to announce that Laura Kina, Director of Asian American Studies and Associate Professor of Art, Media, and Design at DePaul University will be serving as the Midwest Representative for DAAN.
We are currently looking for individuals to serve as Regional Representatives for their areas in the continental United States and Hawai’i, as well as in Canada. The charge to each regional representative is to regularly gather and to post information about current exhibitions, publications, regional conferences, panels, and other events in her/his area related to Asian American art and art history. Email: email@example.com for more information.
607 total views, no views today
Wednesday, February 10 from 3:30pm-5:00pm
Grand B, Gold Level, East Tower, Hyatt Regency Chicago
Kindly RSVP for the meeting to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The meeting AGENDA will include:
- Launch of the new DAAN Web site – This will include information on members, affiliated institutions and updates on news and events
- Planning the new DAAN On-line Journal – The journal will be based at the Asian American Studies Institute at UCONN
- Information on the International Network for Diasporic Asian Art Research (INDAAR)
- East Coast Asian American Art Project
- Project Report
- Publication: solicitation of suggestions for contributors to the book
- Information on the proposed Summer Institute that will take place at A/P/A Institute at NYU
And we are also arranging a special DAAN reception artist talk and gathering to dinner during CAA that is TBA.
We hope that you can make it to one or all of the events!
Learn more about membership
1,178 total views, no views today