Association for Asian Performance
11th Annual Conference, August 10-11, 2011
The Association for Asian Performance (AAP) invites submissions for its 11th annual conference. The AAP conference is a two-day event, to be held at the Palmer House Hilton Hotel, Chicago, preceding and during the annual ATHE (Association for Theatre in Higher Education) conference.
Proposals are invited for papers, panels, workshops and roundtable discussions. Learn more about the AAP at http://www.yavanika.org/aaponline/ The deadline for proposals is April 15, 2011.
- Proposals for individual papers should include a brief abstract. Individual presentations should be limited to 20 minutes so that there will be time left for questions and discussion. Visual materials (slides, video etc.) are strongly encouraged.
- Panels should be composed of three paper presenters and one discussant or four paper presenters. Proposals for panels should provide a brief statement that explains the session as a whole and the proposed subject of each paper.
- Roundtables offer an opportunity for participants to discuss a specific theme, issue or significant recent publication. A maximum of six active participants is recommended. While a roundtable proposal will not be as detailed as a panel proposal, it should explain fully the session’s purpose, themes or issues and scope.
- Proposals for workshops by performance practitioner(s) with expertise in specific Asian performance traditions are welcomed, particularly workshops that overlap with a panel theme or paper presentation. Workshop proposals should include an abstract explaining methods and goals. Workshops should be designed to run no longer than 80 minutes.
We encourage suggestions for innovative alternatives to the panels, individual papers and roundtables described above.
Proposals should include the following:
- Title of panel, roundtable or paper.
- Names of all the presenters, including chair and/or organizer and discussant (for panels and roundtables.) A few biographical sentences about each presenter.
- Affiliation, specialization (field/region), mailing address, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of al participants.
- Explanation of the session (for panels, workshops and roundtables); abstract of each panel presentation or each paper.
Proposals should be emailed to the conference organizer, Alex Huang firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>
Patricia Jang, Administrative Aide
Tisch School of the Arts
New York University
ph: 212.998.1639 <tel:212.998.1639> fax: 212.995.4571 <tel:212.995.4571>
733 total views, no views today