APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, AUGUST 15, 2011
AAWAA is launching the Emerging Curators Program to provide the opportunity for new curators to develop their vision and encourage curatorial expertise in the Asian American community. As curator, you will be responsible for concept, planning, coordination and communicating with AAWAA’s curatorial team.
Asian American woman or women (curatorial teams will be considered)
- Venue: Flax Art and Design of San Francisco
- Exhibition dates: November 2011
- Display area: 6 art display kiosks 3-sided, each side 2 ft. wide x 7 ft. high
- Scheduled check-ins with AAWAA
- Select Asian American women artists, either by call for entries or invitation
- Curator statement
- Artists statement, bios
- Price list including info for labels and insurance
- Content for publicity
- Coordinate delivery and pickup
- Flax Art & Design liaison
- Curatorial advice
- Publicity: social media, postcard, aawaa newsletter, press release
Flax Art & Design Responsibilities:
- Reception, including refreshments
- Curatorial Intent: Why do you want to participate in this project? (approximately 250 words)
- Curatorial Proposal (max 1pg, 12pt font, single space)
- Workplan (How will you implement your proposal?) including:
- Artist selection process (invitational or call for entries and juried). Optional: list of proposed artists, draft of call for entries
- Optional: low resolution jpg images
Instructions to Apply:
Send submission requirements by email with the subject line “Flax [Your Name Here]” to EmergingCuratorsProgram@aawaa.net.
- Application Deadline: Monday, August 15, 2011
- Notification by: Monday, August 22, 2011
- Exhibition: November 2011 (possibly extended to early Dec)
Submit inquiries to EmergingCuratorsProgram@aawaa.net. Download the printable application here.
Asian American Women Artists Association (AAWAA) is a nonprofit arts organization dedicated to ensuring the visibility and documentation of Asian American women in the arts. Through exhibitions, publications, and educational programs, we offer thought-provoking perspectives that challenge societal assumptions and promote dialogue.
732 total views, 1 views today