The Department of Art, Media, and Design at DePaul University seeks to hire a tenure-track Assistant Professor with an interdisciplinary focus in digital art and in print media beginning Fall Quarter 2014. Candidates should be prepared to teach 2-D studio, digital, and seminar art courses in the department’s core curriculum as well as art courses for majors and non-majors in the university’s Liberal Studies program. Additional experience in interdisciplinary artistic practice in a particular field, such as digital imaging within the Mac platform, book art, and/or traditional and non-traditional non-toxic printmaking, etc. is encouraged. Candidates must have the appropriate terminal degree, expertise in teaching, and an extensive record of exhibition and/or ongoing creative activity. The teaching load is two courses per quarter with three quarters per academic year, and there are service and research expectations.
Required qualifications are: 1) MFA in a visual arts field; 2) Minimum one to two years of post-graduate teaching experience on the undergraduate college/university level, preferably in a liberal arts setting, teaching experience at the graduate level preferred; 3) Knowledge of traditional and contemporary issues in the visual arts, 4) Record of professional accomplishments and activities, and 5) Extensive record of exhibition and creative activity.
The Department of Art, Media, and Design has ten tenured/tenure-track faculty members as well as support staff and part-time faculty members. Our degree program is composed of two concentrations, Studio Art and Media Art, with a range of subspecialties in each concentration and three minors. We offer a BA degree within the context of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. DePaul is committed to recruiting a diverse faculty to complement the diversity of its student body and the Chicago area. For that reason, we especially encourage women, minority candidates, and persons with disabilities to apply.
Please see our web site for additional information at: http://las.depaul.edu/art/
Please submit the following documents electronically at: facultyopportunities.depaul.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=51062.
Only complete applications will be reviewed.
1. Cover letter – please indicate if you will be able to attend the C.A.A. conference in Chicago in February 2013, 2. Curriculum vitae, 3. Teaching philosophy statement, 4. A list of four to five references with contact information (reference letters will be required of the finalists only), 5. A compressed PDF file with 20 examples of your professional visual arts work (submitted as “Publication 1”), and 6. A compressed PDF file with 20 examples of your students’ visual arts work (submitted as “Publication 2”).
The deadline for all materials is December 8, by 11:59 P.M. A criminal background check is also required for the finalists. The committee also plans to meet candidates at the C.A.A. conference in February 2014 in Chicago. Please indicate in your cover letter if you will be able to attend the conference.
Required Applicant Documents:
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Teaching philosophy statement
4. References – A list of four to five references, with contact information
5. Publication 1 – A compressed PDF file of 20 example of your professional work visual arts work
6. Publication 2 – A compressed PDF file of 20 examples of students’ visual arts work
728 total views, 1 views today