The C.V. Starr Fund for Asian/Pacific/American Research awards grants to NYU students, NYU adjunct faculty members, and A/P/A Institute visiting scholars working on academic and/or community projects with particular emphasis on the New York metropolitan region. The goal of this fund is to promote a convergence of theory and practice in Asian/Pacific/American Studies and its related fields by providing financial support for research expenses and/or conference participation.
The C.V. Starr Fund for Asian/Pacific/American Research is administered by the Asian/Pacific/American Institute at NYU, which provides a space for the sharing of scholarship, art, activism, and other cultural and political exchanges about Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in New York City and beyond.
NYU students, NYU adjunct faculty members, and A/P/A Institute visiting scholars may apply for up to $1,000 to support one of the following:
- Field work and research
- Conference and symposium participation
Recipients may be awarded the grant up to two times.
- A one to two page project description. The description should include a strategy on how the applicant’s project or conference participation will further the knowledge of Asian/Pacific/American Studies and add to the scholarship in the field.
- A detailed budget outlining how the applicant plans to use the grant funds, along with a list of any other funding sources
- A signed letter of recommendation (preferably from an academic advisor or faculty member supervising the project, to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Additional relevant supporting materials (optional)
- Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. ET for Fall 2022 activity
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. ET for Spring 2023 activity
- Monday, May 15, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. ET for Summer 2023 activity
- Fall 2022 Awardees
- Summer 2022 Awardees
- Spring 2022 Awardees
- Fall 2021 Awardees
- Summer 2021 Awardees
- Spring 2021 Awardee
- J-Term 2021 Awardee
- Summer 2020 Awardees
- Spring 2020 Awardee
- J-Term 2020 Awardee
- Fall 2019 Awardees
- Summer 2019 Awardees
- Spring 2019 Awardees
- J-Term 2019 Awardee
- Spring 2018 Awardees
- Summer 2018 Awardees