- Organizer: DREAM Team at NYU
- Venue: NYU Cantor Film Center, Theater 102
36 East 8th Street
New York, NY 10003 United States
Presented by NYU Dream Team. Co-sponsored by the Asian/Pacific/American Institute at NYU, NYU Immigrant Defense Initiative, NYU Office of Global Inclusion, Diversity & Strategic Innovation, Gallatin Human Rights Initiative, NYU Center for Multicultural Education & Programs, and NYU Sanctuary.
This panel conversation for NYU staff, faculty, and administrators will feature speakers from the National Immigration Law Center, DRUM – South Asian Organizing Center, and New Sanctuary Coalition. Panelists will address the following questions:
- How can you minimize risks to those affected?
- Are you aware of immigration laws that apply to campus spaces, including dorms, building lobbies, classrooms, private space?
- What would you do if immigration officials approached you for information about students?
- How can you best act in solidarity with all members of TNS community affected by recent changes in immigration laws and policies?
- What can we do legally and strategically to cultivate and maintain environments that are safe and solidarity?
This event is open to the public. No RSVP required. Questions? Email nyusanctuary@protonmail.
Image: Know Your Rights, Matt Green, Attribution-