- Organizer: NYC DOR
- Venue: Japanese American United Church
255 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10001 United States
A Tribute to Yuri Kochiyama & the Leaders of the Redress Movement in New York
The NY Day of Remembrance Committee invites you to a Tribute to Yuri Kochiyama & the leaders of the redress movement in New York. The program will feature:
- Panel of redress activists
- Days of Remembrance, Remembered, a photo exhibition by Corky Lee
- Yuri Kochiyama: Mother of Coalition, a film by Leslie Ishii
- Remembrance Candle-lighting Ceremony
- Community Potluck (please bring a dish or make a donation)
NYC DOR Committee is an ad hoc group that relies solely on donations to continue the work of promoting educational and healing efforts related to the US incarceration of Japanese Americans and others and protecting civil liberties.
Image: Yuri Kochiyama speaking at NY Day of Remembrance, 1997.